The popularity of enriched air diving continues to grow as divers realize the benefits of using nitrox such as extended bottom time and reducing overall nitrogen load on multiple dives. In this course, you'll learn the benefits, potential problems, equipment considerations and other information you need to dive enriched air nitrox with an EANx dive computer. By successfully completing this course, you'll qualify for the PADI Enriched Air Diver certification. This certification means that you're qualified to buy and rent EANx dive gear, plan EANx dives, and make those dives using a EANx dive computer.
To start the course click on the PADI eLearning icon to register for the online course. Follow up at Jack's Diving Locker in Kona, Hawaii where you participate in practical application sessions and complete the certification. This PADI specialty course doesn't require scuba dives, but you will then be qualified to dive nitrox on any of our boat trips such as our Two-Tank Day Trip or our Advanced Dive Trips. Advanced dives may include deep, drift, exploring a lava cavern, or diving on a small wreck - the type of diving most divers use nitrox. Most of our divers also use nitrox when doing multiple dive days. This certification also counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating, the highest rating in recreational scuba diving.
Learning to dive has never been more convenient!
Click on the banner above to sign-up for an online eLearning class
designed to take you through the knowledge development portion of the
PADI Enriched Air certification course.
– $210 for the PADI eLearning course (paid directly to PADI)
– $50 for class session at Jack's to complete certification
– Open Water Diver
– Minimum age - 12 yrs old
– Please call Jack's Diving Locker directly to make your
reservation at 1-800-345-4807 or 808-329-7585.
– Register for PADI eLearning program by clicking
on the icon on our web site at www.jacksdivinglocker.com
– Students need to fill out the following forms:
* Continuing Education Administrative Document
* Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement for
Enriched Air (Nitrox) Diving
– Medical Statement - If there is a YES on your Medical
Statement, you will need to get a doctor's approval before
starting course. Call for assistance.
– 72 hour cancellation policy.
– 10% off most regular priced merchandise
– $5.00 off of dives
– EANx scheduled by request
– Dive trips scheduled daily
CLASS SESSION ONLY (10am or 1pm):
– Scheduled 10am or 1pm. Takes about 1 hour.
– Preparation: Bring PADI eLearning record form
– Preparation: Print and fill out registration documents
– Check-in at Front Counter
– In class: Practical Application and Predive Simulations
– Certifications issued upon successful completion of course
CLASS SESSION and BOAT DIVES (7:45am - 3:30pm):
– Check-in at 7:45am, complete class session (see above)
– Rent and analyze nitrox tanks ($15 per tank)
– Two Tank Day Trip ($125)
– Return and log dives.
ADVANCED DIVE TRIPS
– Analyze nitrox tanks ($15 per tank).
– Advanced Two Tank - Local ($175)
– Advanced Two Tank - Long Range ($225)
BOAT TRIP DETAILS:
– Nitrox tank rental $15 per tank (unless your a student in this course).
– Includes weights, light lunch, drinks, guide
– Diver provides:
* Dive computer (rental $8.50 per day)
* BCD, regulator, wetsuit (rental $8.50 per piece)
* Mask/Snorkel/Fins (rental $8.50 per day)
NOT SURE IF NITROX IS FOR YOU? TRY IT ON ONE OF YOUR DIVES AS A NITROX INTRO
• $15 / tank
• Meet 30 min prior to your scheduled dive
• Complete a Nitrox waiver
• Listen to the Start Today briefing & analyze your tank(s)
• Dive to a maximum of 60’ for Open Water Divers or 100’ for Advanced Divers
• Must be Advanced certified to try Nitrox at night
POLICY: 72 hours notice needed
or full charge
there are any questions that have been answered YES on your Medical
form, you need to get a medical release from us for your doctor
to sign before starting class.**