This course is intended to familiarize divers with the operation and maintenance of equipment. The goals of this specialty are to develop the student's practical knowledge of theory, principles, and operation of diving equipment as well as enable the student to perform routine maintenance procedures. In addition, the instructor will provide simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations along with an introduction to new equipment. Please note, this is not an equipment repair course and will not cover overhauling equipment.
This course is a perfect complement to certifications such as Advanced Open Water or Rescue Diver, especially when divers are ready to invest in their own dive gear or ready to do some dive travel. This Specialty course also counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating, the highest rating in recreational diving.
– $125 plus tax (minimum of two)
– $225 plus tax for one student or Private Class
– $45 PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving (with 10% student
Water Diver or Scuba Diver Certification
age - 10yrs old
– Please call Jack's Diving Locker directly to make your
reservation at 1-800-345-4807 or 808-329-7585.
– Students need to fill out the following forms:
* Continuing Education Administrative Document
– Medical Statement - If there is a YES on your Medical
Statement, you will need to get a doctor's approval before
starting course. Call for assistance.
– 72 hour cancellation policy.
– Scheduled by request
– Approximately 6 hours
– Print and fill out registration document
– Read Chapter 3 - PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
CLASS SESSION (9am - 3pm):
– Knowledge Development
– Practical Workshop Activities
– Certifications issued upon successful completion of course
– 10% off regular priced merchandise
– $5.00 off of dives or dive
MASTER SCUBA DIVER:
The Equipment Specialty certification may count toward the
Master Scuba Diver, the highest rating in recreational scuba
diving. Divers must have certifications in Open Water,
Advanced, Rescue and 5 Specialities along with a minimum of
50 logged dives. Divers receiving this rating at Jack's Diving
Locker will have their names engraved on a plaque in our
shop honoring this achievement.
TRAVEL the WORLD with JACK'S:
Join the Jack's Diving Locker crew and friends with dive
adventures outside of Hawaii in places such as Watatobi,
Cozumel, Philippines, and more! Dive travel trips offered
several times throughout the year. Check out our web site or
ask our crew for more info.