The holidays are quickly approaching and it’s time to start making your list and checking it twice! From the new diver to the experienced diver and from the non-diver to your ocean-loving keiki, we’ve got all your gift-giving needs covered!
The Ultimate Scuba Gift:
Don’t let Santa outshine you this year! Give the ultimate scuba gift. We’ve got several gear packages to ease your shopping pains.
PRO Package from ScubaPro: Wear what the Pros wear! The Hydros BCD from ScubaPro is in an elite class of BCDs. The Monprene® material that makes up the harness and back of the BCD is quick-drying and hugs your wetsuit for a non-slip BCD experience. This package is paired with the MK25/S620 Regulator and Air2 system and the G2 Complete computer for a top of the line package.
AquaLung Legend Package: This is the ultimate travel package for the worldly diver. Included is the Rogue BCD which is compact and light making it excellent for traveling. The Legend LX primary and octo regulators are top of the line and, paired with the i770r computer with transmitter this gear set up will have all your travel buddies seeing green with envy!
We have several other gear packages in stock to meet the needs of every kind of diver!
If you’re more into giving experiences rather than material gifts, then consider the gift of travel! Jack’s Diving Locker is headed to the Philippines in September 2020 for two weeks of diving! The first week is at the Atlantis Dumaguete Resort for land-based diving. The second week is on the Atlantis Azores Liveaboard. Come for one or both weeks!
For The Diver That Has Everything:
We all know that one diver… They have a room full of scuba gear! They can seem impossible to shop for, but we’ve got ideas!
- Nautilus Lifeline: This lifesaving device is a must-have for any diver going out in strong currents and remote locations. Whether they are in the Galapagos, Palau, or off the coast of North Carolina, this device can signal a diver’s whereabouts to emergency personnel in case of an emergency.
- GoPro Hero 8: The latest and greatest camera from GoPro is a must-have! The improved image stabilization makes for smoother video and with the addition of a 12-megapixel lens that can turn into 4 different lenses, this makes for a photographer’s dream.
- PADI Rebreather Course: This class is for the diver wanting to take their skills and knowledge to the next level. This class introduces the diver to the Poseidon 7 rebreather for a bubble-free diving experience! With longer no-stop limits and reduced gas consumption, the diver gets to enjoy more bottom time.
Other Gift Ideas:
- T-Shirt from their favorite dive shop, like Jack’s Diving Locker!
- You can never have too many lights! Sola lights are durable and long-lasting and come in a variety of lumens to satisfy every diver’s needs.
- After your first pair of Maui Jim’s sunglasses, you’ll never go back to buying cheap glasses again. For the diver on the water, these glasses block the glare, have polarized lenses, and block harmful UV rays.
- There is nothing better than a warm jacket in between or after dives. We have 2 types of Boat Coats from ScubaPro that will help keep your diver’s core body temp up for a more comfortable dive day or night.
If you’re looking for small stocking stuffer ideas for your favorite diver, we’ve got you covered there too! We have an array of small, but useful diving accessories that is sure to put a smile on the diver’s face!
- Retractors and clips: Divers are always looking for ways to fasten items to their BCD. Retractors are useful for gauges, lights, and cameras. Carabiners and bolt snaps are also a diver’s best friend and one can never have too many of them!
- Lycra Scuba Socks: They’re not just for fashion! Lycra scuba socks are great for protecting a diver’s feet from blisters while underwater and the slickness of the lycra also help ease the struggles of donning a wetsuit.
- Neoprene Mask Strap: If your diver has long hair….or just hair in general…they’ve probably spent some time untangling their rubber mask strap from their flowing locks. Other than to shave your head, the best solution for this problem is to replace that rubber strap with a neoprene and Velcro mask strap! With a wide variety of colors and designs, you’ll surely find a mask strap for every personality.
Other great stocking stuffer ideas include o-rings for their save-a-dive kit, defog, fun stickers for their logbook or water bottle, and Stream2Sea reef-safe sunscreen!
For The New Diver:
While the new diver probably a lengthy wish list of scuba gear and accessories they’d love to receive, we have a few items we think would be the most helpful and appreciated.
- Continuing Education course: There is no better way to make sure you continue scuba diving than to take another class. Not only is it a great way to improve your skills, but you can meet other dive buddies for future diving! PADI has an array of con-ed courses that even the beginner diver can take! We recommend Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air (Nitrox), and of course our world-famous Manta Ray Specialty course!
- Fish ID Book: The underwater world is a fascinating environment! Learning the names and behaviors of its inhabitants helps a diver better understand the world they are visiting.
Other items a new diver would be glad to receive with a bow on top are bungee straps for their open-heel fins, dive skin to ease the wetsuit shimmy struggle, and a gear bag to hold all of their new dive possessions.
For The Non-Diver:
Every great diver needs an even better top-side support team! Make sure they’re covered this holiday season too!
- Underwater critter glassware: We have whale, dolphin, turtle, and shark etched pint glasses and wine glasses for all their beverage sipping needs!
- Aloha Collection Bag: These bags are great for a day at the beach, traveling, or just around town! They come in several different sizes and are splash-proof.
- Marine Life art and stickers: Big Island artist Danielle Burnside has created several art pieces depicting marine life found in Kona. Decorate your home with 8×10 matted prints of her beautiful creations. She even has matching stickers for the water bottle or car!
Of course, the ultimate gift for the non-scuba diver is a PADI Discover Scuba Diving adventure! Spend a few hours in the Jack’s Diving Locker pool learning a few of the basics and then head out the next day for an ocean adventure with your PADI Instructor to see the magical and amazing underwater world!
- Jack’s Diving Locker Sea Camp Hawaii: Every summer Jack’s Diving Locker has several week-long camps for your ocean loving keiki. Each camp has a theme and includes guided snorkeling adventures, local field trips, and an opportunity to try scuba diving! Your ocean-loving keiki will be talking about the camps for weeks!
- Polarized Sunglasses: Cressi makes two sizes of kids polarized sunglasses at a price that won’t make you cringe!
- Books: Learn about Kona the crab or Kai the brave honu! We have a shelf full of books that will excite your young readers and keep them wanting to learn more!
Of course, there is one gift that will cover all your bases…the gift certificate! Let them do the shopping and pick out exactly what they want!
Even if you’re not on island, Jack’s Diving Locker can help you with all your purchases! Give us a call or send us an email today with your shopping list and let us help you out. We even ship! Make sure to take pictures of the recipient opening their gift so we can join in on their joy!
Find us in the Coconut Grove Shopping Center on Ali’i Drive, call us at 808-329-7585, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.