This week-long day camp at Jack’s Diving Locker in Kona, Hawaii is for kids (keiki) who are ready to have fun and adventure in Hawaii’s ocean environment. Campers will learn about marine animals such as dolphins, whales, sharks, reef fish, sea turtles, and coral with the Project AWARE Kids program, hands-on activities, and arts & crafts. In the Jack’s pool, students will be introduced to skills with the PADI Discover Snorkeling program and try a surface only scuba-like system called SASY. Campers will also take shore excursions where they’ll have fun at the beach, explore tide pools, and do some snorkeling over a coral reef. Students also participate in a beach clean up.
- Ages: 6 – 8
- Prerequisite: Know how to swim comfortably in water too deep to stand up in*.
- Cost: $250 plus tax
- Dates: See Junior Camp Schedule
- Duration: Monday – Friday
- Times: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Registration: Registration is now open. Registration starts by calling Jack’s Diving Locker 808-329-7585 or 800-345-4807. Space is limited, so please make reservations early. Completed forms and payment due 30 days or more prior to camp start date. Please click here for camp registration FORMS.
- Cancellations: Please make cancellations 30 days or more for no penalty. Charges will be incurred for cancellations made within 30 days prior to camp start date.
- New Camper Orientation: Parents, please schedule an on-site orientation with Camp Director prior to camp start date. For travelers who can’t make these arrangements, a phone appointment will be set up.
- Minimum 4 campers – Maximum 12 campers.
* Note: This is not a “learn to swim” course. Please contact Swim Instructor Malia Silva at 989-4930 for swim lessons in the Jack’s Diving Locker pool.