This week-long day camp at Jack’s Diving Locker in Kona, Hawaii is for kids (keiki) who are ready to have fun and adventure in Hawaii’s ocean environment. Campers will learn about marine animals such as dolphins, whales, sharks, reef fish, sea turtles, and coral with the Project AWARE Kids program, hands-on activities, and arts & crafts. In the Jack’s pool, students will be introduced to skills with the PADI Discover Snorkeling program and try a surface only scuba-like system called SASY. Campers will also take shore excursions where they’ll have fun at the beach, explore tide pools, and do some snorkeling over a coral reef. Students also participate in a beach clean up.
- Ages: 6 – 8
- Prerequisite: Know how to swim comfortably in water too deep to stand up in*.
- Cost: $295 plus tax
- Dates: See Junior Camp Schedule
- Duration: Monday – Friday
- Times: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Registration: Registration is now open. Registration starts by calling Jack’s Diving Locker 808-329-7585 or 800-345-4807. Space is limited, so please make reservations early. Please click here for camp registration FORMS. Print, sign, scan, and email forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring completed forms to your orientation.
- Cancellation Policy: Any cancellations during the final 7 days prior to the camp will result in full charge for the camp.
- New Camper Orientation: Parents, please schedule an on-site orientation with Camp Director prior to camp start date and bring completed forms. For travelers who can’t make these arrangements, a phone appointment will be set up, please scan and email completed forms to email@example.com.
- Campers Need To Bring: Lunch, snack, reusable water bottle, swimsuit, towel, hat, reef-safe sunscreen, change of clothes, and jacket. Also, bring mask/snorkel/fins if you have your own.
- Discount– Campers receive a 10% discount in store on merchandise
- Minimum 3 campers
* Note: This is not a “learn to swim” course.