Learn how to be prepared to “Save a Life in Paradise” and come to Jack’s Diving Locker for your First Aid and CPR training with the Emergency First Response (EFR) course. EFR is an international First Aid, CPR, Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) training program offered regularly by a team of qualified EFR Instructors at Jack’s Diving Locker in Kona, Hawaii.
Many divers take the EFR course to meet the prerequisites for the PADI Rescue Diver course or as preparation for becoming a PADI Divemaster. Yet, most people have found First Aid and CPR skills are important in every day life. These people have taken a significant step in emergency preparedness.
The Emergency First Response course meets requirements for CPR and First Aid in the workplace (OSHA Guideline 29 CFR 1910.151) and incorporates procedures for emergency patient care. Other organizations that recognize EFR as meeting their requirements are United States Coast Guard, The Boy Scouts of America, and the American Council on Exercise (ACE). Groups welcome – special rates available.
COST: $75 plus tax and materials (minimum of 3 participants). Private course $250 plus tax. Groups of six or more $55 per person. EFR Refresher course only – see below.
MATERIALS: PADI EFR Primary and Secondary Care Participant Manual. PADI EFR Care for Children manual optional.
PREREQUISITES: No minimum age, but recommended 10 & up.
REGISTRATION: Please register 30 days or more prior to course start date. Start by calling Jack’s Diving Locker directly to make your reservation at 800-345-4807 or locally at 808-329-7585. 24 hour cancellation policy. Changes or cancellations must be made 24 hours or more in advance or full charge will occur. 48 hour cancellation policy during winter break.
DISCOUNTS: 10% off most regular priced merchandise.
DURATION: One day – 9am-4pm
SCHEDULE: Custom dates available. Let us know your availability and we can schedule a time that works for you or your group.
We also have the following dates already scheduled in 2019:
- 2019 EFR Schedule
Sun, Feb 10
Sun, April 14
Sun, Aug 18
Sun, Sept 29
– Read the “Independent Study” Section pgs. 1-41
– Fill out Knowledge Review pg. 42
– Read Sections Two and Three
DAY 1 (8am – 4pm)
– Shop: Check-in at front counter
– Classroom: Course Overview and skill development
– Classroom: Scenario practice and written exam
– Emergency First Response Certification will be issued upon successful completion of course
EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE REFRESHER
- Cost: $50 for 2 or more participants, $100 for single or private course.
- Prerequisites: Current CPR/1st Aid certification (EFR or other agency). If not current, participant must take full course.
- Required materials: Emergency First Response Participant Manual
- Duration: 3 hours or the participant is welcome to join full course if minimum number of students attending full course.
- Course content: Participants will follow the Skill Development segment of the course and refresh on skills. Participants will review any new developments or changes to primary care or secondary care techniques since last training. Participants must take the exam.
- Recognition: After successful completion of the refresher course, participants will receive an Emergency First Response card.
MASTER SCUBA DIVER RATING: The EFR certification is a prerequisite to the PADI Rescue Diver course. The PADI Rescue Diver certification is one of the prerequisites to the Master Scuba Diver rating – the highest rating in non-professional recreational diving. To achieve this rating, the diver must complete the following certifications: Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, Rescue Diver, and 5 PADI Specialty courses. In addition, divers must have at least 50 logged dives. When completing these requirements at Jack’s Diving Locker, recipients will have their names engraved on a plaque to honor this achievement.
CAREERS IN DIVING: In search of an escape from the ordinary? Do you like adventure? Do you like to work with people? Becoming a professional scuba instructor might be just the career you are looking for and Jack’s Diving Locker in Kona, Hawaii has the training program you need to transform your life!