Learn how to effectively teach the Emergency First Response, Secondary Care, and Care for Children courses. These courses teach people how to provide emergency care for someone in need. Includes CPR, First Aid, & AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and CPR/AED Instructor Course. The EFR Instructor course will prepare and certify you to teach this course to both divers and non-divers. The EFR Instructor course is an exit requirement of the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor examination.
– $195 plus tax for course
– $115 EFR Instructor application fee to PADI
– $334 EFR Instructor manual plus all required materials (discounts available)
– One day
– 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
– April 16
– Sept. 3
– EFR Primary Care Certification (certified within 24 months of course start date)
– To register, please stop by our shop in Kailua-Kona in
the Coconut Grove Marketplace on Ali’I Drive or call our
shop at 1-800-345-4807 or (808) 329-7585.
– We will arrange an orientation session for you.
– Valid credit card number required with reservation.
– Final payment due 30 days prior to the start of the course.
– 30 day cancellation policy. Any cancellations less than 30
days prior to the start of the course will result in a full
– Bandages & Barriers
– Mannequins & AED use
– EFR Instructor Manual
– EFR Primary and Secondary Care Participant Manual
– EFR Care for Children Manual
– 20% off most regular priced merchandise for IDC candidates
– 10% off most regular priced merchandise
– $5 off dive charters
– Knowledge Review: Program Standards – Please read Section One and the introductions to Sections Two, Three, and Four and answer all questions.
– Knowledge Review: Human Body – Please read EFR Instructor Guide Appendix (pg. A-37) and answer all questions.
– Knowledge Review: Medical Emergencies: Please read section on Medical Emergencies in the Primary and Secondary Care Participant Manual (Section: EFR Reference) and answer all questions.
– Knowledge Review: Care for Children” and answer the questions in the appendix (p. A21).
– Check-in: Meet at Jack’s Diving Locker town location prior to class start time with course materials.
– Classroom: Instructor Presentation, Answers to Knowledge Reviews, Practical Application, Role Playing, Skill Development, and Final Exam.
– Complete EFR Instructor application and prepare to submit to PADI with application fee.