Become a scuba instructor in tropical paradise with the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Jack’s Diving Locker in Kona, Hawaii. The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is the training program you need to prepare for a career filled with adventure and fun! Jack’s Diving Locker is a PADI Five Star Instructor Development Dive Resort with ample classroom space, custom-built scuba training pool, and access to premier open water training sites.
During the IDC, candidates work on knowledge development, confined water skills, and open water skills to prepare for the Instructor Examination (IE), a test administered by a PADI examiner. Upon successful completion of the IDC and IE, the candidate will be certified as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor – a leader in diving education who teaches a variety of PADI scuba certification courses from beginners to advanced levels.
2020 Instructor Schedule at Jack’s Diving Locker (Tentative – please contact us for latest information)
CLASSIC IDC: (consecutive class days)
Jan 23-Feb 2; PADI IE Feb 5/6
May 25-Jun 5; PADI IE Jun 6/7
Aug 27-Sep 6; PADI IE Sep 9/10
Dec 3-13; PADI IE Dec 16/17
EXTENDED IDC: (weekends only)
Jan 11/12, 18/19, 25/26, Feb 1/2
PADI IE Feb 5/6
May 2/3, 9/10, 16/17, 23/24, 30/31
PADI IE June 6/7
Aug 8/9, 15/16, 22/23, 29/30, Sep 5/6
PADI IE Sep 9/10
Nov 14/15, 21/22, 28/29, Dec 5/6, 12/13
PADI IE Dec 16/17
• Custom IDC schedules available upon request.
ALL PADI IDC Materials at a
A $1500+ Value!
- PADI IDC eLearning
- PADI IDC Crew Pak
- PADI Student Course Manuals (Digital)
Tanks and Weights Complimentary Gear Storage
On-site Pool and Classroom
Transportation to and from PADI Instructor Exam
Transportation to and from open water dive training sites
Cost: $3500 (Progressive discount of $100 applied per student enrolled)
*Ask about our 1 year Payment Plan!
Fees to PADI:
Instructor Examination fee
Instructor application fee
(Paid directly to PADI)
• To register, please stop by our shop in Kailua-Kona in the Coconut Grove Marketplace on Ali’I Drive or call our shop at (808) 329-7585 or (808) 345-4807. We will arrange an orientation session for you and outline the course schedule, preparation checklist, and learning agreement.
• Valid credit card number and $350 non-refundable deposit required with reservation.
• Final payment due 30 days prior to course start date.
• 30 day cancellation policy. Any cancellations less than 30 days prior to course start date will result in a full charge.
• Register for PADI eLearning, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 18 years old
• Medical Statement signed by doctor within the past 12 months
• 100 logged dives
• Open Water, Advanced, Rescue, and Divemaster certifications (or equivalent)
• Divers Alert Network (DAN) insurance
• Emergency First Response (EFR) Instructor (or equivalent)
CONTACT INFORMATION: For more details, please contact our PADI Course Directors Shannon Shea email@example.com or David Pinilla firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 808-329-7585.