Become a scuba instructor in tropical paradise with the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Jack’s Diving Locker in Kona, Hawaii. The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is the training program you need to prepare for a career filled with adventure and fun! Jack’s Diving Locker is a PADI Five Star Instructor Development Dive Resort with ample classroom space, custom-built scuba training pool, and access to premier open water training sites.
During the IDC, candidates work on knowledge development, confined water skills, and open water skills to prepare for the Instructor Examination (IE), a test administered by a PADI examiner. Upon successful completion of the IDC and IE, the candidate will be certified as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor – a leader in diving education who teaches a variety of PADI scuba certification courses from beginners to advanced levels.
2017 Instructor Schedule at Jack’s Diving Locker
IDC Orientation February 21 (2 hours)
EFR Instructor Course February 22
Instructor Development Course (IDC) February 26-March 1 & 3-6
Instructor Examination by PADI March 8 & 9
Specialty Instructor Course (Eanx) March 10 (4 hours)
IDC Orientation June 3 (2 hours)
EFR Instructor Course June 4
Staff Instructor Course June 6&7
Instructor Development Course (IDC) June 8-11 & 13-16
Instructor Examination by PADI June 21 & 22
Specialty Instructor Course (Eanx) June 19 (4 hours)
IDC Orientation August 28 (2 hours)
EFR Instructor Course August 29
Staff Instructor Course August 31 & September 1
Instructor Development Course (IDC) September 2-5 & 7-10
Instructor Examination by PADI September 12 & 13
Specialty Instructor Course (Eanx) September 14 (4 hours)
• Custom IDC schedules available upon request.
COST FOR COURSE:
• $1,195 plus tax
• $958 IDC Crew Pack (discounts available)
FEES PAID TO PADI:
• $375 PADI eLearning IDC Course
• $131 PADI Dive Theory Online
• $675 Instructor Examination Fee
• $169 Instructor Application Fee
• To register, please stop by our shop in Kailua-Kona in the Coconut Grove Marketplace on Ali’I Drive or call our shop at 1-800-345-4807 or (808) 329-7585. We will arrange an orientation session for you and outline the course schedule, preparation checklist, and learning agreement.
• Valid credit card number and $350 non-refundable deposit required with reservation.
• Final payment due 30 days prior to course start date.
• 30 day cancellation policy. Any cancellations less than 30 days prior to course start date will result in a full charge.
• Register for PADI eLearning, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 18 years old
• Medical Statement signed by doctor within the past 12 months
• 100 logged dives
• Open Water, Advanced, Rescue, and Divemaster certifications (or equivalent)
• Divers Alert Network (DAN) insurance
• Emergency First Response (EFR) Instructor (or equivalent)
• Buoyancy Control Device
• Regulator and Alternate Air Source
• Submersible Pressure Gauge
• Weight System
• Dive Computer and/or UW Timing Device
• eRDPml & RDP Table
• Mask, Snorkel & Fins
• Knife, Compass, Whistle, Light, Slate
• Tank Banger (or other audible u/w signaling device)
• Pocket Mask
• 20% off most merchandise during IDC
• $10 off dive boat trips during IDC
• 8 days for IDC with 2 days for IE
– Custom schedule by request
During the PADI IDC, candidates will participate in the following:
• Knowledge Development Presentations
• Confined Water Presentations
• Open Water Presentations
• Dive Theory Exams
• Systems, Standards and Procedure Exams
• 800 y/m mask, snorkel, fin swim
• 24 Skill Circuit
For more information or to sign up for the course, please contact Course Director Shannon Shea at Jack’s Diving Locker at 808-329-7585 or 800-345-4807 or e-mail email@example.com.