Hawaii is the perfect place to take the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course with one of the professional scuba instructors at Jack’s Diving Locker. Buoyancy skills are extremely important for scuba divers for a few reasons. The first is that it’s fun! Achieving neutral buoyancy while diving feels like flying. Second, it’s important for the reef – divers with good buoyancy stay off the bottom and avoid damaging delicate marine life. Next, buoyancy skills may help with overall air consumption and lastly, these skills are helpful when divers engage in underwater photography or videography. For these reasons and more, every diver may want to consider taking this course. The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating, the highest rating in non-professional diving.
– $195 plus tax and materials
– Private rate – additional $200 per day
– $38.61 Peak Performance Buoyancy manual (discount included)
– Open Water Diver certification or higher
– Bring certification card
– Minimum age – 12 yrs. old (ages 10-11 with instructor approval)
– Please call Jack’s Diving Locker directly to make your reservation at 1-800-345-4807 or 808-329-7585.
– Students fill out the Continuing Education Administrative Document
– Medical Statement – If there is a YES on your Medical Statement, you will need to get a doctor’s approval before starting course. Please call for assistance.
– 24 hour cancellation policy. 48 hour during winter break.
– Instruction, 2 Boat Dives, Tanks, Weights
– Logbook, RDP (table or electronic) OR dive computer
– Dive watch or dive computer (computer rental available)
– BCD, regulator, wetsuit, mask/snorkel/fins (rental available)
– 10% off most regular priced merchandise, $5 off dive trip
– 1 day – 2 dives
– Scheduled by request
– Read PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy manual
– Fill out Knowledge Review Part I & Part II
DAY 1 (8am – 4pm)
– Academcis: Knowledge Reviews
– Boat or Shore: Buoyancy Dives One and Two
– Log dives & complete certification process
Master Scuba Diver Rating:
The PADI Master Scuba Diver rating is the highest rating in non-professional recreational diving. To achieve this rating you must complete the following certifications: Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, Rescue Diver, and 5 PADI Specialty courses. In addition, divers must have at least 50 logged dives. When completing these requirements at Jack’s Diving Locker, recipients will have their names engraved on a plaque that is displayed in our shop to honor this achievement.