Take only pictures, leave only bubbles …. Digital Underwater Photography is the perfect way to capture the fun and excitement of exploring the underwater world. Taking this course at Jack’s Diving Locker gives you the opportunity to photograph the amazing marine life of Hawai’i such as moorish idols, raccoon butterfly fish, moray eels, or green sea turtles. Whether memorable snapshots or stunning photos, these digital images can be printed and framed or posted on the internet to share with friends. This course is primarily designed for today’s point and shoot cameras and gives you step-by-step instructions on preparation, basics of underwater shooting, and environmentally friendly diving practices. More advanced topics such as selecting composition, adjusting exposure, and understanding white balance will also be covered. Students will have a chance to download and critique photos with the instructor. The academics in this course are offered in a traditional format with manual OR with an on-line component through PADI called eLearning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty.
– $245 plus tax (includes tanks & weights)
– And PADI eLearning academic component $165
– Or Manual and Video $49
– Jr. Open Water Certification or higher
– Minimum age – 12 years old (age 10-11 instructor approval)
– Call Jack’s Diving Locker at 1(800) 345-4807 or (808) 329-7585 to make a reservation.
– Review Medical Statement prior to signing up. If you have a YES to a medical question, you will need to get a doctor’s approval before starting the course. Please call the shop for assistance.
– Complete Continuing Education Administrative Document
– Pick up course materials available at Jack’s Diving Locker
– Cancellations made 24 hours or more, no charge. 24 hours or less will result in a full charge.
– Instruction, Tanks, Weights
– Digital underwater camera ($55 per day rental)
– Log book and tables or eRDPml
– BCD, regulator, wetsuit (rental gear available)
– Mask, snorkel, fins (rental gear available)
– Dive computer or dive watch (for purchase
– Two hours on Day 1, plus one full day
– Classroom, pool, two open water dives from the boat
– Sunset/Night charter option for Advanced Open Water certified divers
DAY 1 (1-3pm):
– Preparation: Complete PADI eLearning
– Shop: Check-in at Front Counter
– Classroom: Academic session and set up photos
– Classroom: Download photos and critique
DAY 2 (8 am – 4 pm):
– Preparation: Set up camera
– Boat: Digital UW Photo Dive 1
– Boat: Digital UW Photo Dive 2
– Classroom: Download pictures and review, log dives.
– Certifications issued upon successful completion.
– 10% off during and after the course, $5 off dive trips
MASTER SCUBA DIVER:
This PADI Specialty certification can be used when applying
for the PADI Master Scuba Diver, the highest PADI rating in
non-professional diving. Divers must have certifications in
Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue, and 5 Specialties
along with a minimum of 50 logged dives. Divers receiving this
rating at Jack’s Diving Locker will have their names engraved
on a plaque in our shop honoring this achievement.