There’s nothing like scootering – riding a diver propulsion vehicle (DPV) – over coral reefs or around majestic pinnacles.
Imagine motor cross, flying and jet skiing, all in one. A DPV is one of the most exhilarating ways to see the undersea world, but it’s a
practical tool as well as fun.
Make the most of your DPV experience with the PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Specialty course. The course guides you in
enjoying a DPV, choosing a DPV for the right ride, maintenance basics, dive planning , staying with your buddy and handling problems.
Whether you’re new to diving or have a thousand dives logged, if you’ve never scootered, you owe it to yourself to check it out.
- $395 plus tax and materials (minimum 2 people)
- $595 for single diver/private course – plus tax and materials
- DPV Manual (approx.$36)
- DPV Vido (approx.$34)
- Open Water Diver certification or higher
- Bring certification card
- Minimum age – 12 yrs. old
- Please call to make your reservation at 808-329-7585 or 800-345-4807
- Students fill out the Continuing Education Administrative Document
- Medical Statement – If there is a YES on your Medical Statement, you will need to get a doctor’s approval before starting course. Please call for assistance.
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy (48 hours from Dec 20-Jan 5)
- Changes or cancellations made with less than the above notice will result in a full charge cancellation fee with no exception.
- DPV use
- 2 Boat Dives
- Tanks, Weights
- DPV Manual & video
- Logbook, RDP (table or electronic) OR dive computer
- Dive watch or dive computer (computer rental available)
- BCD, regulator, wetsuit, mask/snorkel/fins (rental available)
- 10% off most regular priced merchandise
- $5 off dive trip
- 1 day – 2 dives
- Contact us to schedule
- Read DPV Manual and watch vido
- Fill out Knowledge Review Part 1 & Part 2
BOAT DAY (8am – 3:30pm)
- Classroom: Academic session
- Boat: DPV Specialty Dive One
- Boat: DPV Specialty Dive Two
- Classroom: Log dives and certifications issued
Master Scuba Diver Rating:
The PADI Master Scuba Diver rating is the highest rating in non-professional recreational diving. To achieve this rating you must complete the following certifications: Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, Rescue Diver, and 5 PADI Specialty courses. In addition, divers must have at least 50 logged dives. When completing these requirements at Jack’s Diving Locker, recipients will have their names engraved on a plaque that is displayed in our shop to honor this achievement.