The popularity of enriched air diving continues to grow as divers realize the benefits of using nitrox such as extended bottom time and reducing overall nitrogen load on multiple dives. In this course, you’ll learn the benefits, potential problems, equipment considerations and other information you need to dive enriched air nitrox with an EANx dive computer. With the EANx certification, you’ll be qualified to buy and rent EANx dive gear, plan EANx dives, and make those dives using a EANx dive computer.
Start the course with the PADI eLearning course and follow up at Jack’s Diving Locker in Kona, Hawaii where you participate in a practical application session and complete the certification process. This PADI specialty course doesn’t require scuba dives, but after your certification is complete you will then be qualified to dive nitrox on any of our boat trips such as our Two-Tank Day Trip or our Advanced Dive Trips. Advanced dives may include deep, drift, exploring a lava cavern, or diving on a small wreck – the type of diving most divers use nitrox. Divers also use nitrox when doing multiple dive days. This certification also counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating, the highest rating in recreational scuba diving.
COST: Price reduced!!! — $181 for the PADI eLearning course (paid directly to PADI) and $50 for class session at Jack’s to complete certification.
PREREQUISITES: Open Water Diver. Minimum age – 12 yrs old.
REGISTRATION: Please call Jack’s Diving Locker directly to make your reservation at 1-800-345-4807 or 808-329-7585. Register for PADI eLearning program by clicking on the PADI eLearning link below. Students need to fill out the following form: Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement for Enriched Air (Nitrox) Diving. Call the shop for assistance. 24 hour cancellation policy.
Click on the link below to begin your PADI Enriched Air eLearning program.
DISCOUNTS: 10% off most regular priced merchandise and $5 off of dives
CUSTOM SCHEDULE: EANx class session scheduled by request.
CLASS SESSION ONLY (3 p.m.):
– Takes about 1 hour.
– Preparation: Bring PADI eLearning record form and bring registration documents
– Check-in at Front Counter
– In class: Practical Application and Pre-dive Simulations
– Certifications issued upon successful completion of course
CLASS SESSION and TWO-TANK BOAT TRIP (7:45am – 3:30pm):
– Check-in at 7:45am, complete class session (see above)
– Certification issued upon successful completion
– Rent and analyze nitrox tanks ($15 per tank)
– Return and log dives.
ADVANCED DIVE TRIPS
– Must be Advanced or Deep certified
– Arrange for class session on a prior day
– Rent and analyze nitrox tanks ($10 per tank).
BOAT TRIP DETAILS:
– Nitrox tank rental $10 per tank
– Includes weights, light lunch, drinks, guide
– Diver provides: BCD, regulator, wetsuit, mask/snorkel/fins, underwater timing device (dive computers recomended). Rental gear available.
NOT SURE IF NITROX IS FOR YOU? TRY IT ON ONE OF YOUR DIVES AS A NITROX INTRO
• $10 / tank
• Meet 30 min prior to your scheduled dive
• Complete a Nitrox waiver
• Listen to the Start Today briefing & analyze your tank(s)
• Dive to a maximum of 60’ for Open Water Divers or 100’ for Advanced Divers
• Must be Advanced certified to try Nitrox at night