The Jack’s Kama’aina Dive Club is for full time residents of the Big Island of Hawaii who want to add adventure to their lives while having fun with friends and family. The Kona Coast offers infinite possibilities for exploration and adventure with healthy coral reefs, lava arches and caverns, and steep drop-offs. The Hawaiian underwater world is filled with brightly colored reef fish, majestic manta rays, sea turtles, octopus, sharks, dolphins, and more. Join Jack’s Kama’aina Dive Club and create the experiences in your life that you will be talking about for years!
DIVE CLUB SCHEDULE 2019
2 TANK DAY BOAT DIVE TRIP January 12
2 TANK DAY BOAT DIVE TRIP January 26
2 TANK ADVANCED LOCAL February 9
2 TANK DAY BOAT DIVE TRIP February 23
2 TANK DAY BOAT DIVE TRIP March 9
2 TANK DAY BOAT DIVE TRIP March 23
2 TANK ADVANCED LOCAL April 6
2 TANK DAY BOAT DIVE TRIP April 20
2 TANK DAY BOAT DIVE TRIP May 4
2 TANK SUNSET/NIGHT May 18 (not manta)
2 TANK DAY BOAT DIVE TRIP June 1
2 TANK DAY BOAT DIVE TRIP June 15
JACK’S DIVING LOCKER EVENTS 2019
OCEAN FAIR: April 27
ANNIVERSARY SALE– TBD
OCEAN CLEAN UP CHARTERS: TBD
JACK’S KAMA’AINA DIVE CLUB MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES
- For certified divers and snorkelers of the Big Island of Hawaii
- Dive Club boat trips at extremely discounted rates
- Dive Club boat trips scheduled twice a month (most months)
- Half price stand-by rate for regularly scheduled charters
- $20 off reserved space for regularly scheduled charters
- 10 Air fill card for $10 when you join or renew your membership
- Holiday Sales Event VIP Party Invitation
- 10% off most regular priced merchandise
- Free T-shirt with annual membership
MEMBERSHIP: For certified scuba divers (all levels) and snorkelers. Open to adults, teens, and families who live on the Big Island of Hawaii and can provide a Hawaii Driver’s license or Voter Registration Card. Annual membership dues $50 for 12 months. Family membership dues are $100 for 12 months for the first two people, and half off each additional family member sharing the same household.
REGISTRATION: Register for Jack’s Kama’aina Dive Club register at the town shop in the Coconut Grove Marketplace. Divers will sign the Jack’s Diving Locker certified diver waiver. Snorkelers will sign the Jack’s Diving Locker snorkeler waiver. Also, parent signatures required for participants less than 18 years old.
DIVE CLUB STAND-BY RESERVATIONS: Jack’s Kama’aina Dive Club members are eligible to go on regularly scheduled daily Jack’s Diving Locker boat trips and only pay HALF PRICE with a stand-by reservation. For AM trips, stand-by reservations can be confirmed starting at 4pm the night before the trip. For PM trips (manta or Pelagic Magic), stand-by reservations can be confirmed starting at 12pm the day of the trip. Some times it gets busy in the shop, so feel free to call in at those times to check on your status.
DIVE CLUB SCHEDULED GROUP TRIPS: These trips are specifically schedule for Club Members. If space is available your friends are welcome to come, but they will be charged full price for their space on the boat trip. We may also open up the spaces to regular paying guests, as the trip approaches if there aren’t enough Club Members to fill the boat.
- PADI Instructors and Divemasters are available to guide scuba divers.
- Adult buddy teams may conduct a self-guided tour while practicing safe recreational diving guidelines.
- Snorkelers welcome on boat charters, self-guided. Junior Snorkelers must be accompanied by an adult snorkeler.
- Junior Divers must go with a professional guide. Ages 10-11 must be accompanied on the boat by a parent or guardian.
SCHEDULED GROUP TRIP COSTS:
- 2 Tank Day Dive Trip $75
- 2 Tank Manta Ray Dive Trip $95
- 2 Tank Advanced Dive Trip $95
- 1 Tank Pelagic Magic Boat Trip $95
- Gear Included: Air tanks, weights, light for night dive
- Diver Provides: BCD, regulator, wetsuit, MSF, timing device such as a dive computer (recommended) or dive watch.
- Boat rental gear available
- Nitrox tanks available
- Morning Dive Club Boat trips $55
- Gear Included: Mask/snorkel/fins and wetsuit.
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS: Please call 808-329-7585 locally to make your reservation. You may reserve your spot up to one month prior to the trip (so new members have a chance to sign up, too.) Cancellations made outside 24 hours, no penalty. Cancellations made within 24 hours, participant charged in full for space and stand-by pass will be issued.